gia venerdi?

October 16th, 2008

Wow I cant believe tmw is thursday. These days have just been flying by. I have been so busy! I got involved with the English speaking youth group at the duomo and am heading up a Bible Study on St.Paul…its the year of St. Paul! so I meet today witht eh Priest to go over some details. We are going to be having bible study in the library of the duomo! I cant believe it. Every church document on the history of the church in Florence is in that library. It has these ancient books, that are leather bound and clearly hand made. There was an incredible fresco on the ceiling of the holy spirit. It is just such a scholarly place! And to think we will be drinking wine and eating cheese studying Pauls letter in such an inspiring place! Wow.

Also today went pretty well at work. Oh man I cant wait to be finished with him! I still have a lot of work to do. But ill keep chugging along.

I finally got most things ready for my parents to come and stay. My apartment is clean! I got caught up on other various things, writing emails, and planning stuff, soo I am officially ready. Tmw I have another teaching english session. we are going to watch a movie in English and then talk about it. We have recently been reading really cute Childrens stories.

2 Responses to “gia venerdi?”

1. Reverend on October 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Time is moving quick, you been there a number of months now, what is it 4 or 5? And you’ve been blogging it along the way, which I have to say has been a lot of fun to read. The leather shop post was great, I loved that you just walked in and started working. very cool.

2. Lois Minchoff on October 17, 2008 8:35 am

I am glad you cleaned up for your parents! Ha ha
    We are thoroughly excited about seeing you and your world of 5 months. Only about 24 hours now!